Thursday, January 20, 2011

She has my sweet tooth!

We've entered the picky eating phase, and it is not fun. Don't get me wrong ... Blair is a great eater; as long as you're feeding her chicken nuggets, spaghetti or anything sweet. Try anything else, and you'll get "I don't like that." And when I say anything else, I mean anything else. This child does not like cheese. She doesn't like peanut butter. She does not like anything "creamy" or with white sauce. The only potato she'll touch is a french fry.

The only veggies she'll eat are broccoli, peas or beans (but no green beans/string beans), collard greens, or corn on the cobb (not kernel or creamed, only on the cobb). I don't think she's met a meat yet that she didn't like. While she isn't overly picky with sweets, she is not wild about pies or some cookies.

Unless we're eating chicken nuggets or spaghetti, dinner time is a fight. We've tried everything ... making her sit by herself, making her go straight to bed if she doesn't want to eat what we've prepared, time out, etc. I just pray that this phase passes fast! But I seem to recall being a fairly picky eater for quite a while ...

EDIT 1/21
So since I wrote that she doesn't like cheese, naturally she decided last night that she did want the "white cheese" on her spaghetti ... then proclaim that she just doesn't like yellow cheese. :)

1 comments:

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

It's tough - we struggle with it too and often pull out the noodles and cheese, which my kids do like. but i've talked to some nutritionists who say that they won't starve, so even if they go to bed hungry one night, it won't kill them. and they don't have credit cards, so they have to eat what you serve. i know, much easier said than done. but stick to your guns! let me know if this works and then I'll try it : )